Floyd Iniyelefa Ayabo Zakana was an amiable Anglican Priest that won and nurtured many souls for the kingdom of God. He was best known for his unwavering ideology for righteousness and holiness.
Floyd Iniyelefa Ayabo Zakana was born in 1956 in Lagos state. He was a true apprentice of Christ Jesus who severed as a Missionary in the far Northern Nigeria and finally in Bayelsa State. His uncanny and affable dispositions endeared him to many. Ordained as a Priest of the Anglican Communion in 2014 and served passionately at various locations in the Niger Delta, before his demise on the 19 November, 2017.
His Parents and Birth
His father was Mr. Jotham David Zakana, who hails from Kokologbene and Korokorosei communities in Southern Ijaw Local Government Area of Bayelsa State. Mr. Jotham David Zakana (now late) worked with the Nigeria Police Force and he served at many states of the federation more especially in the Western part of Nigeria. Floyd Zakana’s mother was Mrs. Rebecca Zakana from Ondewari community in Southern Ijaw Local Government Area of Bayelsa State. His parents died in 2007 thereabout, and were buried on the same day. It was a colossal sadness for the Zakana’s and Korokosei community at the time.
Floyd Iniyelefa Ayabo Zakana was born on 5 June, 1956 at Obalende town, Lagos state; he had an average upbringing and speaks the Yoruba language fluently.
Floyd Iniyelayefa Ayabo Zakana attended Ereko Methodist Primary School Obalende, Lagos State from 1961 to 1969 and obtained his First School Leaving Certificate. He proceeded to Kings College of Commerce, Buguma (Degema division now Asari-Toru Local Government Area) in Rivers State from 1970 to 1974.
First, he had his Biblical Training when he repented (born again) in the late 1980s. He attended a Ministerial Training at Calvary Ministries (CAPRO first Indigenous Mission Agency) School of Missions, Gana-Ropp, Barkin-Ladi Local Government Area of Plateau state from 1990 to 1991. Between 1998 and 2004, he had a Discipleship Training, at Peace House, Gboko, Benue State.
Afterwards, he was at John Maxwell Leadership Training in Lagos, Nigeria from 2009 to 2011.
Finally, he was a final year Bachelor of Theology student at the Archbishop Vinning Theological College, Akure, Ondo state, before his demise.
The old Rivers State Civil Service engaged Floyd Iniyelefa Ayabo Zakana as a Clerical Staff with the Internal Revenue Division, Ministry of Finance, Port Harcourt in 1974. He later designated as the Divisional Officer covering notable Southern Ijaw communities like Ukubie and Koluama from 1975 to 1976.
He resigned from the civil service for the Nigerian Port Authority, (NPA) Port Harcourt, where he served in the Security department from 1976 to 1978. Afterwards, he was a Clearing Officer with Intercity Van Lines (Clearing and Forwarding Company), Tincan Island, Apapa, Lagos state from 1978 to 1982.
Subsequently, Floyd Iniyelefa Ayabo Zakana resigned as a clearing agent for a job as a General Manager with an exquisite Hotel in Port Harcourt City at the time called (Sinteh-Dumo Hotels) Igbokwu Street, D\line and Rumuomasi branches from 1983 to 1985.
Thereafter, the Bayelsa State Government appointed him as a Member, Bayelsa State, Biometrics Advisory Committee and he served in that capacity from 2010 to 2011.
Floyd Iniyelefa Ayabo Zakana had a dual theological career life. He served diligently in notable Pentecostal Churches and the Orthodox Church (Anglican Communion) as follows:
- He was a Sunday School Teacher, Church Of God Mission, Egede Branch, Mile 2, Diobu, Port Harcourt,
- Dan-Asaba village, Kamuku field, Tegina Local Government Area, Niger state, he was a Missionary with (CAPRO First Indigenous Mission Agency) and also in Kuki Village, Kamuka field, Birni-Gwari Local Government Area Kaduna state in 1995,
- He was a pioneer Head, School of Mission, the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Redemption camp, Ogun state from 1993 to 1994.
- From 1999 to 2004, he was the Pioneer coordinator Peace House (Living Seed Team) Gboko, Benue state, Bayelsa State Chapter.
- Chairman, Nigeria Evangelical Mission Association (NEMA), Bayelsa State
- The coordinator CAPRO, Bayelsa state chapter from 2007 till his death in 2017
- The coordinator Pray Nigeria, Bayelsa state chapter from 2010 till his demise
- Sunday School Teacher, Chairman Mission/Evangelism Committee and Member Marriage Committee at St. Peter’s Anglican Church, Yenagoa.
- Diocesan Missioner Diocese of Ogbia from 2008 to 2014
- Member, Board of Directors, Great Anglican Revival Team (GART), Province of Niger Delta, Port Harcourt
- He was ordained Deacon August 2014 and a Priest in July 2015.
- Diocesan Chaplain for Mission and Evangelism
- Curate at St. Luke’s church, Emeyal II for a year (august 2014 to august 2015)
- Station priest St. Matthew’s Church, Akipelai from September 2015 to February 2017
- Vicar/Priest at St. James’ Church Imiringi from February 2017 until his death
Floyd Zakana’s Family
He was married to Mrs. Marie Zakana (nee Wills) for 12 years. Nevertheless, he was a God father (Spiritual Father) to many children of the Anglican fold and expressed endearment for brethren in Christ Jesus.
When he died?
Floyd Iniyelefa Ayabo Zakana a true servant of God, slept peacefully into eternal glory on 19 November, 2017. He was interred at his station St. James’ Anglican Church, Imiringi. Ogbia Local Government Area, Bayelsa state.